A creative outtake on celebrating America's day of Independence with family and friends in the comfort of your backyard.
The Fourth of July is a perfect time to gather a group of friends and celebrate all of the freedoms we have, as well as the beauty of the United States of America: Land of the free, Home of the brave! July is usually a month we can count on for hot days, with plenty of sunshine, and a beautiful array of summer colors; but let's discuss the colors of this day by highlighting them in a wonderful outdoor dinner party. The key element for your dinner party is first establishing a budget. Remember to visit your favorite search engine before hitting the stores to stay up to date on sales, promotions, and available coupons to your local stores! Here are some easy face lifts for your outdoor get-together that won't break the bank:
- Replace your current accent pillows on your outdoor love seats and sofas with a fun red, white, and blue color combo. Even without changing your larger cushions, you can add just a navy, or red accent cushion to coordinate with theme and still correlate with your already established color scheme.
- Add white lanterns to your conversation set end tables. The white can be reused for any occasion and can simply match theme by adding a colorful candle, or flowers inside.
- White again! Drape your outdoor dining table with a white tablecloth, so that you can have a table decoration you can use again, but it will also allow you to highlight the fun colors of this occasion.
- Find gold chargers/place mats for your outdoor dining table. Gold is a neutral metallic that will serve for multipurpose hosting events, while it accents our favorite part of fourth of July: fireworks and sparklers!
- Use a burlap table runner to add a fun, rustic, look to your party. Burlap is another great neutral, as well as an affordable fabric that allows other decorations, that may be placed with it, to pop.
- Find your favorite red, white, and (or) blue flowers to line down the center of your burlap table runner.
- Hydrangeas are a great July flower and are also inexpensive while creating a full look to any vase or container; they also come in blue and white, but can easily be dyed red by adding red food coloring to a water-filled vase 48 hours prior.
- Fun accents
- Buy striped straws to add to your guests' glasses for an inexpensive touch of theme.
- If you have kids joining your party, research a fun DIY Fourth of July project and set up a separate table for them to mingle and enjoy the holiday.
- Buy disposable napkins that coordinate with your themed colors
- A berry salad would make a perfect appetizer and grasp the red, white and blue color scheme.
- Drape your fence or deck with Chinese paper lanterns to add both color and light to your party without outshining your local firework show
- Lay out a large picnic blanket for people to relax on and share conversation while viewing fireworks
Every great outdoor gathering is made complete by your outdoor furniture pieces. Make sure you have this seasons must have items including conversation sets by visiting www.buymodernoutdoorfurniture.com